Cecilia Chung: Why she kicks ass
- She is an Internationally recognized civil rights leader, advocating for HIV/AIDS awareness and care, LGBT equality, social justice and human rights.
- She is currently a Health Commissioner in San Francisco where she is the first trans woman appointed to the position by Mayor Ed Lee. Cecilia was also the first trans woman and first person living openly with HIV elected Chair to the San Francisco Human Rights Commission where she has served for over seven years.
- She has broken ground in a number of ways including: being the first transgender woman and first Asian to be elected to lead the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Celebration; the first transgender woman and first person living openly with HIV to Chair the San Francisco Human Rights Commission; and, an architect of the nation’s most ambitious publicly funded program addressing economic justice within the transgender community.
- In 1994 she was a member of the Transgender Discrimination Taskforce, which released a groundbreaking report by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission, documenting widespread discrimination against trans people. The report led the City to adopt many pioneering anti-discrimination ordinances and policies.
- She is the former Deputy Director of the Transgender Law Center, has also served on a number of planning bodies, including the San Francisco HIV Health Services Planning Council, and was a trainer of Community Planning for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- In 2001, she was elected President of the Board of Directors of San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Celebration, becoming the first Asian and first transgender women to hold the position, and she lead the Board to a new standard of inclusion and excellence.
- In 2004, as a founding producer of Trans March, she helped organize one of the world’s largest annual trans events.
how important is lipstick to you, dean?
ugggghhhhh legion :(
y eah ;_;
oh, never apologize for nail polish <3333 (I would wear it more if I wasn’t so adverse to the smell). OH I’ve been meaning to ask if you solved the Quarian/Geth thing? (haha and yeah ending ahahaha like I still don’t like how some people are about it
but the more I think about the ending the more upset I get)
I hear there is some you can get that is less smelly (don’t ask me the name of it, haha, I only have bought the cheap stuff). it might be zoya. but yeah like I say that stuff is more expensive I think.
I did solve it! I just went back and got my reputation pretty much as high as possible before I did that mission again and then it was easy (but I still cried a lot because… yeah they make it sad no matter what)
not only do you get better guns but you also get indestructible melee weapons that work WONDERFULLY if you do all the side quests!!
sweet!!! yeah I really do love that game, despite the fact that I keep putting off playing it, it’s really funny/charming when it’s not making me scream my head off :P
and yeah DP can be freaky at first but once you’re in Greenvale it’s basically Animal Crossing meets Twin Peaks with a small bit of Silent Hill.
I really love the parts of the game I’ve played so far, and I read that it gets easier to play the zombie bits as time goes on (like, you can get a gun that’s easier to handle or whatever?) so, once I get further along I’m sure it won’t freak me out as much xD
thank you!! it’s not like a really hard design but lol it was super painstaking bc I couldn’t find my nail polish remover so I had to try and do it all without fixing any mistakes (I did fuck up on my pinky finger twice, so I just scrubbed it off with clear nail polish, which sucked and I just now spotted the nail polish remover as I type this omg why)
ugh yeah despite my love of heroic sacrifices (when necessary) I miss my Shepard (but I’m replaying her! and god dammit I’m gonna save the Quarians AND Geth!) but yeah just!!!!!! ugh I cry about it always.
I remember when the game came out and everyone was SO UPSET ABOUT THE ENDING and I was just like “what” and I didn’t understand, it was just a game
haha I get it now
I almost forgot!!! I did my nails today… loosely took my color combos from here but yeah basically I’ve wanted to do drip nails ever since I first saw a pic of someone’s sweet drip nails
the right hand (bottom pic) is pretty fucked up but u know what I tried
-insert queen bee pun here-
Like I’m kind of a sucker for heroic sacrifices so I’m fine with Shep dying if necessary but it still KILLS ME THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IS THROUGH GENOCIDE WTF? oh but if you have the sims 3 I can send you asari mod for blue babies
oh god yeah the flashback montage ugggghhhhhh kills me
yeah dude that’s pretty fucked up
I just got so attached to my shep ;; it literally took me like almost a year to get around to beating the first game though (and then I finished 2 and 3 in the last couple of months)
haha I have it but only on my wii? so idk if I could get it to work on there
but seriously wtf these games, they know how to jerk the tears that’s for sure dude
oh hooray! I’ll definitely try that one next then ^^
oh man it took me so long to finish the first time but now I’m like dead set on doing another playthrough, it’s ok though, I will be sucked into space forever nbd
babbleghoul replied to your post: demonrevolutionary replied to your post refusal is…
I’M SO UPSET ABOUT BLUE BABIES!!!!!
I WILL BE UPSET FOREVER TBH
whyyyy oh my god you spend all this time romancing and then alfjd;lkaf;sf
So I just gained a follower a few moments ago with the name maartin4life
LISTEN TO ME
WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU DO
THEIR FUCKING PAGE
I JUST OPENED IT AND MY AVAST ANTIVIRUS TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A FUCKING TROJAN HORSE
demonrevolutionary replied to your post: demonrevolutionary replied to your post refusal is…
yeah do you have the extended ending dlc? you can refuse the creeper holokid and reapers destroy everything but shepard makes an awesome speech abt choice. its also sad but i pretend her speech gets followed by victory instead of defeat
ah ok, yeah I don’t remember if I bought that DLC or not but I was gonna, eh, next time I’ll definitely see if I can do that one